Thanksgiving Table Setting Tips with Louise Roe
Founder of homewares brand Sharland England
- Layer up. Your table should be a real showstopper, so don’t be shy and create decadent and fun layers of ceramics. Place soup plates over dinner plates or chargers, and a folded (or knotted!) napkin over the top of that too.
- Add character. One way to do it is by mixing old family dishes to new chic crockery. Play with patterns, colors, and texture and, most importantly, have fun!
- Bring in the blooms. Flowers complete the table and depending on your event, you could opt for a statement vase with a lush flower arrangement as a centerpiece or go for small arrangements in little vases spread along the table to keep the atmosphere more relaxed.
- Setting the mood. I believe that a beautiful table won’t feel magical unless the vibe in the room is also right. Just have candles lining the center of the table, dim the lights and let a a great playlist play in the background.
- Make a seating plan. This step simply ensures a really good time, after all, nobody knows your guests better than you, so have fun with chic little cards and pretty writing.